Saturday, December 2, 2006

THE DEVIL'S FLIGHT ENGINEER



A flight crew was pushing back one hot and sunny day.
I was the copilot, loafing as they pushed us back away.
When all at once a hot and fiery captain I saw there.
The devil was our pilot, and his cursing filled the air.

He drank no water, and his eyes glowed red with the look of steel.
His horns were black and shiny and his hot breath I could feel.
A bolt of fear went through me as I looked over at this guy,
For I saw the engineer working hard and heard his sad reply.

”If we do that we won’t have enough fuel to make it there.”
The captain declared, “I’m the prince of the power of the air.
And we do what I say, listen and don't resist my spirit,
You don’t question my authority; because I won’t hear it.”

He’s condemned to engineer for the devil of the sky,
Flight engineering for the devil but not allowed to fly.
His face was pale, his eyes bloodshot, and shirt all soaked with sweat,
He’s working hard to please that man but he ain’t done it yet.

As the engineer passed up the data he whispered out my name,
If you want to save your soul from hell a crewing just the same,
Then copilot change your ways or for eternity you’ll die,
Forever berated by that devil and never allowed to fly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm in!!

Do I detect a little "Ghost Riders in the Sky"? Made famous by...was it Frankie Laine?

I like what you've done with this blog. The pictures are quite effective.

I've heard some complaints about Blogger beta, but you seem to be dealing with it with no problems